Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Plans, coordinates, and manages the activities associated with the initiation and completion of clinical trials, sponsored by internal, industry, foundation, and/or Federal funding sources. Maintains compliance with all regulatory bodies associated with human subject research.
- Interfaces between clinical staff, the Office of Sponsored Research, Research Administration, PIs, clinical research staff, and external entities to identify clinical research pipeline and completes protocol budgeting, feasibility, and initiation. (30%)
- Interfaces with clinical staff to identify patients eligible for clinical trials across one or multiple sites of service. Provides in-service education to the appropriate hospital personnel in the departments involved with the investigational study. (25%)
- Interfaces with patients and their families to provide education regarding investigational studies, and requirements of participation to assure they are informed prior to obtaining written consent. Completes required follow-up and active patient monitoring per study protocol at one or multiple sites of service. (25%)
- Plans, coordinates, and manages all activities pertinent to the specific clinical trials, ensuring patient safety, good clinical practices, and compliance with the protocol and regulatory agencies. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. (10%)
- Bachelor’s Degree or RN/BSN.
- 3-5 years’ related experience.
- Current research-related certification from accredited program (e.g. CIRA, CCRP) required or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Driver's license may be required depending on facility requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org