Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
GENERAL OVERVIEW:disease. Provides clinical leadership and supervision of midlevel providers and medical
Provides full range of professional medical services in a general or specialized field of medicine by applying knowledge and skills to the diagnosis, prevention and management of
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients. Obtains and documents past and present medical, family and social history, physical assessment, medications and allergies and develops therapeutic care plan for each patient.
- Examines patients using standard medical procedures using all types of equipment, instruments and tests of the medical profession. Reviews the condition and progress of patients and makes diagnosis.
- Provides consultation to patients and their families regarding patient diagnosis, prevention and management of disease.
- Provides medical orders for prescription refills, administration of medication, ancillary testing and/or referrals.
- Directs and oversees mid level providers and clinical support personnel regarding treatment plans and patient care. May be responsible for providing education to medical students, residents and fellows by serving as a mentor to assure positive development of future healthcare providers.
- Maintains current knowledge of medical procedures, methods and techniques.
- Maintains records and prepares reports and correspondence in accordance with all regulatory agency requirements, including electronic health record system requirements and insurance/reimbursement guidelines. Devotes all of professional time, attention, skill and efforts to the faithful performance and rendering of professional services on an exclusive basis in the practice of medicine, teaching and research activities, including participation in outreach activities, medical audit activities, utilization review and quality assurance programs and the making of inventions related to the healthcare field or Physician's duties and shall render such services with competence, efficiency and fidelity. Obligated to make all of his/her referrals for all healthcare services and supplies (including without limitation physician services, hospital services [inpatient and outpatient], home care services, pharmaceuticals and laboratory services) to entities owned, in whole or part or controlled by the health system, its affiliates, partners or joint venture partners or designated affiliated practitioners.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
PhD/MD Graduate of accredited medical school with degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Completion of accredited residency and fellowship if required by specialty
Current PA MD licensure in good standing; current unrestricted DEA certificate
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org