Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job is responsible for day to day activities for purchasing organization activities, contract sourcing, bidding, and analyses for assigned commodities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor contract performance to determine necessity for amendments, extensions and compliance by both the Business Partner and Clients.
- Principal investigator. Assist in project management and is contractual expert on specific projects. Oversee and assist support staff with assigned projects to ensure timely/cost effective completion of contractual requirements.
- Participate in the formulation, development, and revision of policies, procedures and strategies related to corporate contracting.
- Primary liaison with contracting principals. Ensure compliance with specifications and work. Resolve issues related to contract performance.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree or six (6) years directly work related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in purchasing / contracting field
- Current Driver’s license (has car and willingness to travel)
- Master's degree
- Experience negotiating and managing clinical equipment contracts and vendor relationships
- Previous sourcing/supply chain experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to resolve day-to-day operational issues within the scope of policies/procedures and operational standard.
- Experience in leading commodity teams, sourcing, bidding, negotiating, detailed data analysis and awarding of major commodity
- contracts for a wide array of clinical and non-clinical products and/or services.
- Experience in contractual language, performance measures, detailed financial data analysis and claims arbitration.
- Experience in data management and analysis skills.
- Experience with internet sourcing and e-sourcing techniques.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org