Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Allegheny Health Network is hiring a Psychiatrist to provide adult psychiatric services at Jefferson Hospital in the Southern Suburbs of Pittsburgh!
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients.
- Examines patients using standard medical procedures using all types of equipment, instruments and tests of the medical profession. Reviews the condition and progress of patients and makes diagnosis.
- Provides consultation to patients and their families regarding patient diagnosis, prevention and management of disease.
- Directs and oversees mid level providers and clinical support personnel regarding treatment plans and patient care.
- Maintains current knowledge of medical procedures, methods and techniques.
- Maintains records and prepares reports and correspondence in accordance with all regulatory agency requirements, including electronic health record system requirements and insurance/reimbursement guidelines.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- PhD/MD Graduate of accredited medical school with degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Completion of accredited residency and fellowship if required by specialty
- Current PA MD licensure in good standing; current unrestricted DEA certificate
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org