We are placing our customers at the center of everything we do.
If you are high-energy, enthusiastic, have experience in managing multiple projects and have a track record of success in managing relationships, a career in sales at Highmark Inc. or one of its subsidiaries may be a great match for you! The professionals in our Sales area have a proven ability to “place our customers in the center of everything we do.” With a sales career, you can enjoy the success of building key partnerships as well as designing and managing individual or group health and welfare plans for individuals, small and large employers. Familiarity with financial terms, underwriting or actuarial functions is a plus.
Background and Skills
You will excel with a career in Sales if you:
- Are good at setting, meeting and exceeding goals
- Are a good problem solver
- Are highly organized
- Are a good communicator and influencer
- Can anticipate and analyze business problems
- Can be consultative to demonstrate a new perspective
- Have a track record of success in managing relationships
- Experience in managing multiple people and projects and producing quality deliverables on time
- Have a presence that is polished and well developed written and oral communication skills
- Superior ability to influence and collaborate with others
- Interest and aptitude in keeping abreast of latest developments in health and welfare plan strategy
- Are supportive of travel on an as needed basis, depending upon the role and market segment
- Understand fundamental sales principles to learn how to maximize retention, profitability and growth of existing and new business
People that join our sales team come from many different backgrounds and skill sets. Externally, from other health plans, consulting firms, even employer groups. The knowledge that our customer service representatives acquire, which serve as a baseline for so many other opportunities within Highmark Inc., is a great place to start and “’learn the ropes.” As the health care industry is always changing, we look for people who can be nimble to adapt to the changing environment. With a career in Sales, there are many roles, each with a defined career path that will allow you to continuously grow and be empowered to move Highmark Inc. forward.
We need people who can listen and understand our customers’ needs. We need to be proactive to deliver the best customer experience possible. With a career in Sales, you will be afforded an opportunity to manage important relationships at entry and senior levels with clients, consultants and brokers/producers by creating valued business partnerships, demonstrating business acumen and cultivating an active network. You will be our customers’ trusted advisor, you will deliver on our promises and you will help make Highmark the brand of choice in the markets we serve.
Find out more
Search for current openings by keywords “Sales” on our Job Search page.